Personal data: what we collect and why we collect it
We may ask you to provide your personal information when you:
· Sign up to receive email newsletters from us.
· Make a purchase from a Patch and Dot shop.
· Participate in this site by leaving a comment.
The Patch and Dot newsletter is sent electronically using a third-party newsletter service provider that is GDPR-compliant. This means I am ready and able to respond to any requests you make regarding your personal data. I will never share this data (i.e. your email address) with anyone.
This newsletter is mainly about my personal sewing projects, but from time to time I will share news about a pattern for sale.
Double opt-in is required to sign up for the Patch and Dot newsletter, and you may unsubscribe at any time.
The Patch and Dot pattern shop is hosted by Etsy.
The Modern Quilt Kit shop is hosted by Big Cartel.
When you place an order via these third-party sites, they will request certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. These sites provide this information to me so that I may fulfill your order. Payment processing data remains with the third parties and is not provided to me.
When visitors leave comments on this site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Note that we use Google Analytics to measure and analyze traffic to this site. Please refer to Google Policies.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information held about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (for example where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
You may contact me at any time via email.