Here’s a shot of a little drawstring bag (with pocket) that I found in my scrap pile. It was almost done so that was an easy finish!
Also thought I’d take a minute to finally put my “to-do” list for the year out there (now that’s almost the end of February!). I was a little reluctant to do so earlier because, like a lot of people I think, I started off the year with a lot of optimism and a lot of energy and my plans – both quilting and non-quilting – felt kind of ridiculously ambitious. So I kind of wanted to see how things went for a while and as it turns out they’ve been pretty productive. Confidence is still high, so here goes, my quilting-related goals for the 2015!
- Build my skills by learning a new block each week (and posting it for accountability and to share any tips I pick up along the way). With the addition of two blocks to the Quilt Block Library this weekend I’ll be averaging a block a week … so far so good.
- Turn the first set of blocks from the Quilt Block Library into a rainbow quilt sampler.
- Make a quilt desk organizer out of my Doe fabric stash.
- Take a paper piecing class.
- Try one quilt-as-you-go project.
- Start a traditional sampler (like the Farmer’s Wife but I’m not sure whether this is the one yet).
- One baby quilt.
- Star sampler.
- Moda Building Blocks quilt in solids.
- New goal: a medallion quilt based on the block I made last week.
This week I’m linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for finish it up Friday!
Free ABC pattern!
(Don't forget to confirm your subscription. Please check your spam folder if you don't see the email within a few minutes.)