Here’s a shot of a little drawstring bag (with pocket) that I found in my scrap pile. It was almost done so that was an easy finish!
Also thought I’d take a minute to finally put my “to-do” list for the year out there (now that’s almost the end of February!). I was a little reluctant to do so earlier because, like a lot of people I think, I started off the year with a lot of optimism and a lot of energy and my plans – both quilting and non-quilting – felt kind of ridiculously ambitious. So I kind of wanted to see how things went for a while and as it turns out they’ve been pretty productive. Confidence is still high, so here goes, my quilting-related goals for the 2015!
- Build my skills by learning a new block each week (and posting it for accountability and to share any tips I pick up along the way). With the addition of two blocks to the Quilt Block Library this weekend I’ll be averaging a block a week … so far so good.
- Turn the first set of blocks from the Quilt Block Library into a rainbow quilt sampler.
- Make a quilt desk organizer out of my Doe fabric stash.
- Take a paper piecing class.
- Try one quilt-as-you-go project.
- Start a traditional sampler (like the Farmer’s Wife but I’m not sure whether this is the one yet).
- One baby quilt.
- Star sampler.
- Moda Building Blocks quilt in solids.
- New goal: a medallion quilt based on the block I made last week.
This week I’m linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for finish it up Friday!